Founder, TradeX Asset Managers
What Utkarsh feels about 1dot1 ?
1dot1 is a great platform to connect like minded people and to share what knowledge we have and at the same time gain knowledge which we don’t have.
- Derivatives Trader
- Equity Research
Daily (4 pm to 10 pm)
Utkarsh was born and raised in Nagpur city. He is a guy who lives life on his own terms. He was introduced to the stock market in the year 2011 after watching the movie named ZNMD. He used to watch stock news channels every day and didn’t understand a bit. After 10th grade, he asked his parents that he wanted to make a career in this field, but it was denied for obvious reasons such as the stock market being a gamble and who makes a career in this.
Later on, one of his friends told him about the CA course and there is one coaching institute famous for CA classes known as CAPS near his house so he took commerce and joined those classes. Afterward, he thought it was a big mistake from his side as he never had an interest in accounting, taxation, etc. After clearing the CA foundation, he started self-learning about stock markets and become a trader. He got some E-books for free on the internet and started reading about the basics of candlesticks and charts. He loved the process.
CA was still in his journey and hence after clearing intermediate he joined articleship still didn’t want to continue. But as a dead fish in a river goes with the flow, he did the same. He used to trade all the time in the office and also during audits on a client’s place.
One day his principal saw this and asked him to review his situation about becoming a CA. Utkarsh being stock enthusiastic said he wants to make a career in the share market. Fortunately, instead of asking him to drop this interest, he helped him to convince his mom to drop CA and introduced him to the CFA course. So after 11 months of articleship training, he left CA and moved to Pune to pursue CFA.
Currently, he is in level 3 of CFA and has worked for all most 2 years in equity. He left his job to start his own business. He cleared all required exams of SEBI, NISM, and IRDA & got the license. And now he has his own wealth management and trading firm in Nagpur.
He is a founder of TradeX Asset Managers, Partner at Aria Investments, and got Sharekhan’s Franchise. He works on so many things here such as:
1. Own trading and execution of trades on behalf of clients.
2. He teaches trading where he takes 4 hours of the session and tells what is exactly needed to trade in stock markets and help approach markets logically. He takes one on one batch to teach trading and he has designed his own E-book and also shares the patterns that he has learned over the years.
3. Making small cases and finding good stocks to invest
4. Started kind of mini hedge fund.
5. Mutual funds and Insurances.
Apart from this, he was a state-level basketball player and is a studio drummer. He has two bands and working on producing his album. He loves drums, tea & dogs like anything.
He doesn’t have any favorite quote or anything but a huge Elon Musk fan. He takes huge inspiration from him.
Coming to his family background, his dad retired from Bank of Maharashtra as manager and his mom works in BJP. He has an elder brother who is married and has settled in the USA for the past 10 years.
- CFA Investment Foundations
- CFA Level 3 Candidate
- CA – Intermediate
- Founder, TradeX Asset Managers (Oct’20 – Present)
- Partner, ARIA Investments (Oct’20 – Present)
- Industry Project Analyst, Bombay Stock Exchange (Jun’20 – Sep’20)
- Research Analyst, Barclays (Aug’19 – Apr’20)
- Best Drummer Award, VNIT Aarohi 2017
- Best Defender, State-level Basketball Championship 2015