Executive Director, Vruksha Ecosystem
What Abheejit feels about 1dot1 ?
A very genuine initiative. Happy to support in every possible way.
- Systems Design
- Problem Solving
- Process Planning
Wed & Thu (Early Morning or Late Evening)
In a quick sentence, Abheejit’s work is multifarious in nature spanning inclusive innovation, space research, and enabling entrepreneurship. These words define his persona – Dreamer, Innovator, Public Speaker, Researcher, Traveler, Poet, Batman.
As an entrepreneur he founded, two Ed-Tech startups in the past, which are deeply rooted in technology and innovation. A space-tech lover having a flair towards research, have published several papers & spoken at Solar Physics conferences across the globe. He has contributed to platforms like NASSCOM, Indian Maker Movement, Fab Foundation (an MIT Initiative), IEEE, and VARSITI (community by International Space Science Institute) in different roles.
As an Enabler, he runs and supports Startup ecosystems in Nagpur and Aurangabad – two aggressively growing cities in the country. Being a hardcore maker at heart and a mechanical engineer by education led him to build India’s only Batpod under the Project Lincoln tag. He works on inclusive projects; using primarily technology to improve lives.
Backed with extensive experience right from breaking and making things since childhood to building futuristic robots, he actively consults institutions and startups in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. He has also served as a Consultant to Tata Trusts and the Government of India for Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural) promoting innovation in sanitation. Tying the thread for all he has done so far, the current big hairy audacious goal is to promote rural innovation for which he has formed a group of multi-talented and highly experienced people to start a not-for-profit organization to innovate, incubate and scale ideas to become startups from the grassroots of India. They aim to launch 50 such Innovation centers across the country to support innovators solving India’s most pressing problems and build a more sustainable Bharat 2.0 (India 2.0).
- M.Tech (CAD/CAM – Design Engineering), G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur
- Executive Director, Vruksha Ecosystem
- SBM (Clean India Mission) Consultant, Tata Trusts (Jun’17 – Jun’18)
- Community Manager, thinQbate – thinQ Ventures LLP, (Jul’16 – May’17)
- Head of Operations, GetNow.At – Retail Labs Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur (Apr’15 – Apr’16)
- Founder, MentorBuddy Communications, Nagpur (Jan’14 – Jul’15)
- Started my first company at age 20, called Albedo Informatics.
- Published my First International Paper and Conference in my pre-Final Year.
- Built India’s First Batpod and Spoke about it at MIT, Boston. (2015)
- Maker Culture in India – Panelist at NASSCOM / Maker Faire, Bengaluru. (2015)
- Developed the first iteration of a Low-cost Exoskeleton with ICRC.
- GHRCE Alumni Achiever Award – 2015