Advocate, Calcutta High Court
What Shayak feels about 1dot1 ?
1dot1 is an excellent way to connect with people eager to learn, and a platform through which I can share what I’ve learned over the years in life.
- Legal Research
- Legal Drafting
- Legal Assistance
- Public Speaking
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Weekdays (6 PM - 9 PM)
Weekends (4 PM - 8 PM)
Shayak Chakraborty did his schooling from La Martiniere for Boys in Kolkata before studying law at Gujarat National Law University.
Shayak began his career practicing criminal law in the lower courts of Calcutta, including City Sessions Court, Bankshall Court and Alipore Police Court under the guidance of Tamal Kanti Mukherjee, Advocate and Public Prosecutor, Calcutta. He then shifted to the Calcutta High Court, where he first worked under the tutelage of Sarajit Mitra, Solicitor and Advocate, then joined the Chambers of Samrat Sen, Senior Advocate, and finally settled at the Chambers of Jayanta Kumar Mitra, Barrister-at-law and Senior Advocate.
Shayak is empanelled with the Government of West Bengal as State Advocate in the Civil Side (Group – C) and practices in nearly all areas of law barring tax law. He is conscious about social service and serves as the Club Secretary for the Rotary Club of Calcutta Heritage.
Shayak is also an avid Quizzer and Debater, and has won several awards in these activities at the School, College and Open levels. He is also enthusiastic about music and the performing arts, and has sung for a band and has been part of various theatre groups before starting his legal practice.
- B.A. , LL.B(Hons.); Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Junior – Mr. Tamal Kanti Mukherjee, Public Prosecutor, City Sessions Court, Kolkata (June 2013 – July 2015)
- Junior – Mr. Sarajit Mitra, Solicitor and Advocate, Calcutta High Court (August 2015 – August 2016)
- Junior – Mr. Samrat Sen, Senior Advocate (September 2016 – March 2017)
- Junior – Mr. Jayanta Kumar Mitra, Barrister-at-law and Senior Advocate (April 2017 – March 2020)
- State Advocate on the Civil Side, Calcutta High Court (Group – C) – State of West Bengal (March 2020 – Present)
- Prefect and House Captain, La Martiniere for Boys, Kolkata, 2007-2008
- Principal’s Award for Excellence in Theatre, La Martiniere for Boys, Kolkata, 2008
- School Award for Excellence in Quizzing, La Martiniere for Boys, Kolkata, 2008
- Certificate of Honour awarded for Best All-Round Student in The Telegraph School Awards for Excellence, 2008
- Founder, GNLU Debating Society, 2009
- Additional District Secretary – Avenues, Rotaract District 3291 Council, 2018-2019
- Chair – Rotaract Projects and Avenues, Rotaract District 3291 Council, 2020-2021
- Club Secretary, Rotary Club of Calcutta Heritage, 2021-2022